Thank You for purchasing Extended Care. These terms and conditions apply to custom portraits purchased from Welham & Co (ABN 41 243 417 418) which has the benefit of Extended Care.
This Extended Care Plan is an extra benefit and does not affect your legal rights. You are entitled to a replacement or refund if you receive the wrong items or damaged items. Our full Refund Policy can be viewed here.
The Extended Care and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by Welham & Co. We hope your custom portrait will not get damaged, however, we understand accidents happen, and should your portrait become damaged during the Plan period please follow the procedure detailed in this document.
This Extended Care Plan is not an insurance policy, nor are We insurers. The plan is a guarantee and service product supplied by Us in respect of products We sell.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear on this page.
"Claim" means a request made by you under the Extended Care for the replacement of the product as a result of a mishap.
"Extended Care" means the terms and conditions set out in this document.
"Home" means the delivery address selected for delivery of your Product.
"Mishap" means a sudden unintentional act i.e. accident (such as, for example, unintentionally dropping or spilling liquid on the product) resulting in damage of the product.
"Period" means the duration of cover as explained in the section ‘Duration of Your Cover’. Product means the portrait purchased by you from Welham & Co which has the benefit of Extended Care.
"We / Us / Our" means Welham & Co.
"You / Your" means the person who purchased the Product and Extended Care.
Duration of Your Cover
Where your product is replaced during the period as a result of a claim, your extended care terminates on the date the replacement product is provided by us.
Extended Care begins on the date you take delivery of the product at your home and continues for a maximum period of 3 years, unless terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Changing Your Mind
We hope you are happy with your Extended Care, however, if after reading this document it does not meet with your requirements or you have changed your mind, please contact us within 30 days of the purchase date of the product. We will arrange to cancel your Extended Care and will issue a refund of the price you paid for the Extended Care.
Our Promise of Service
It is the intention to provide you the best possible service but if you do have any questions or concerns about this Extended Care please contact us, our contact details are:
Address: 167-169 Park Rd, Donvale VIC 3111, Australia
What is Covered
If your product suffers a mishap during the period, we will, subject to the terms and conditions set within this document, agree to replace the product. To the full extent permitted by law our aggregate liability in respect of all claims under your Extended Care shall not exceed the original purchase price of the product.
Your Extended Care is governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
We will collect, use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of providing cover under this Extended Care Plan to You so that we may:
- Set the cost of providing the Extended Care Plan.
- Properly administer claims for damaged products.
- Where we accept your claim, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to provide a replacement for the product.
- In the event that a replacement product is provided, you will bear the responsibility for disposing of the damaged product.
- You will reimburse us for any costs we have incurred if your claim is not covered by the Extended Care.
What is not Included
To the full extent permitted by law, the Extended Care will not apply to:
- A claim under your Extended Care where you are unable to provide proof of purchase by means of the original purchase invoice or paid order confirmation;
- Items that were not part of the original product offering at the time of purchase;
- Costs not authorised by us;
- Deliberate damage, or neglect of the product;
- Any claim resulting from any unauthorised alterations, modifications to, or misuse of, the product;
- Damage caused by the exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin to the product;
- Faults known to you before commencement of the Extended Care;
- Routine maintenance, supplies or service of the product;
- Faults arising as a result of normal wear and tear (e.g. scuff marks, damage caused by extended sun exposure);
- A claim where you are unable to provide photographic evidence of the damage being claimed;
- Any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage whether arising as a result of a claim or otherwise.
Making a Claim
To report a mishap under your Extended Care it is imperative that you contact us as soon as possible by Email: email@example.com.
When requesting assistance under your Extended Care, you will be asked to provide:
- Your invoice or paid order confirmation number;
- Confirmation of the date you purchased the product;
- Details of the nature of the mishap and resultant damage, including photographic evidence of the damaged product;
- The date the fault occurred.
When requesting assistance under Your Extended Care you must comply with directions given in relation to facilitating a replacement of the product.