The image you upload is the most important part of your order and crucial to the quality of your custom family portrait. Let’s review the following guidelines to make sure your artwork is picture perfect:
- Upload your family photo(s) taken during daylight hours (landscape or portrait)
- Use a smartphone or high quality camera
- Avoid photos taken at night or with dark lighting (large shadows)
- Please avoid using any filters to ensure we can color your artwork correctly
- Need us to combine multiple photos? Select the 'Combine Photos' add-on when placing your order, and we'll combine all your photos into one artwork.
- Unless you have ordered a sketch portrait, we cannot accept black & white or scanned photos
- Please note: Everything shown in the image you upload will be illustrated in your final family portrait. In some cases we are able to remove people or small items (you can mention this in the notes with your photo), however your photo should look the way you would like it to be painted.
- Photo taken in daylight hours with minimal shadows
- Clear, high resolution image
- Photo taken in daylight hours with all faces visible
- High resolution image
- Scanned photo
- Heavy shadows and dark lighting
- Not all faces are visible
- Dark lighting
- Blurred image
- Low resolution
Email your image to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can assess your photo. We understand it's not always possible to follow all of the guidelines above.
Generally, our digital artists can still create your family portrait.