The image you upload is the most important part of your order and crucial to the quality of your custom memorial portrait. Let’s review the following guidelines to make sure your artwork is picture perfect:
- Upload a photo of your loved one taken during daylight hours (landscape or portrait)
- Use a smartphone or high quality camera
- Avoid photos taken at night or with dark lighting (large shadows)
- Please avoid using any filters to ensure we can color your artwork correctly
- Unless you have ordered a sketch portrait, we cannot accept black & white or scanned photos
- Please note: The background of the image you upload will not be illustrated in your final memorial portrait.
- Photo taken in daylight hours with minimal shadows
- Clear, high resolution image
- Person is facing the camera
- No blockages
- Person is too far and face is not clearly visible
- Black and white photos
- Poor lighting
- Low image quality
- Scanned photo
- Person not looking at the camera
Email your image to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can assess your photo. We understand it's not always possible to follow all of the guidelines above.
Generally, our digital artists can still create your memorial portrait.